Wednesday, September 24, 2014

flyover states


Fourth of July weekend 2014:

After nearly five years, I was finally able to drag Andy to Iowa for a long weekend to visit my dad and step-mom. Iowa City and the University of Iowa is a super special place in my family. My sister and three step-brothers attended college there, my dad and step mom reconnected there after nearly 30 years apart, we've celebrated birthdays, bridal showers, football wins (and loses), weddings, and much more there. This visit was long overdue.

We hit all the hotspots: the Ped-Mall for happy hour with Ray and Linda, the dog park, Iowa City's annual Jazz Fest, and a Cedar Rapid Kernels game.


The visit was too short and soon we were on our way back to Chicago. But not before stopping at the I-80 truck stop. I wanted to buy the sparkly cat t-shirt but Andy wouldn't let me… #lifesnotfair

No comments:

Post a Comment