Tuesday, August 14, 2012

orange county fair

Ron and Ann made their way to the west coast for a weekend visit in early August. Despite my super busy schedule (thanks to a client event), Andy and his parents had a lovely time tooling around the Los Angeles and Orange County areas.

Fresh off the heels of kicking yet another event's butt - in typical RipeOrange fashion - we headed to the Orange County Fairgrounds in an attempt to ingest as many fried and beer-related calories as humanly possible in a three hour period. We succeeded.


I think it's safe to say the Heins were freaked out impressed by my obsession love of "fair rides" and though I didn't force anyone to tackle The Zipper with me, I did insist on back-to-back trips on the Tilt-A-Whirl. Andy and Ann proved wonderful whirling partners but their companionship still pales in comparison to that of my favorite fair-goers, my cousins Jillian and Stefani.

Thanks for making the trip out, elder Heins!

on to the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment