Saturday, June 4, 2011

Most Awesomest Birthday Present Ever!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Kate got me the best birthday present ever: Star Wars: In Concert! Last night Kate surprised me with an early birthday present to see this awesome show. I've been wanting to see it ever since I knew it existed and Kate did a great job in making it an amazing night. The show took place at the Hollywood Bowl (which neither of us had been to). I have to say that it's a great venue because of a few reasons: 1. You can bring your own food and have a picnic at your seat 2. There isn't a bad seat in the house 3. You have a clear view of the Hollywood Hills and the Hollywood sign from your seat. Not too shabby. 

We drove up to Hollywood straight from my afternoon practice and arrived at the Bowl around 6:00. That gave us a couple of hours to picnic and hang out and take in the scenery of dueling light saber battles. Once the show began at 8, I was super excited. Now, Kate has never seen any of the Star Wars movies but I'm happy to say that this concert influenced her so much that she's willing to see at least 2 of the 6 movies in the near future. That's a huge victory for me! 

The night was great on so many levels: 1. Perfect weather 2. C-3P0 narrating the show 3. Lasers 4. Great music...and of course 5. The best person to see it with in the world. I couldn't ask for a better early birthday present. 

So E.X.C.I.T.E.D!
Pre-Star Wars picnic
Cheers! Star Wars is awesome and these bottles are little.
Light Saberssssss
Who's pumped? We are!
Certain childhood dreams coming true.
As a certain poet once said, "I look to my right, and I see the Hollywood sign."
HB Orchestra + Giant Screen = Awesomeness
Freaking laser beams.
on to the next one...

love,
k + a

1 comment: